Wednesday 22 May 2013

I finally made it to Harrods

The first time I laid eyes on Harrods, I knew I had to go in.  My mom used to have a green bag when I was growing up that said Harrods on the side, at that time I had no idea what it even meant.  After countless specials on VH1 during days home sick, Harrods was on my list of places I needed to go.  This was all before I even knew that they had a food court.  Once I learned that, Harrods moved its way up on the priority list and I dragged all my friends there.  When I walked into the beautiful iconic building I immediately happened upon an oyster bar.  I can't even describe how much my mouth was watering at the mere sight of the oyster bar.  I managed to pick up my jaw and continue moving my way through the countless rooms of delectables.  We managed to move away from the butcher and find heaven in a pre-made food section.  I was walking around trying to decide what exactly I would buy, it was a difficult decision.  Everything there looks delicious and everyone who works there is eagerly trying to serve you.  After I saw the oysters I was in the mood for seafood, I made my way to their "Asia" counter and proceeded to plan my attack.  I ordered a single piece of nigri tuna, and it was divine.  There is nothing more delicious than when a good piece of tuna melts on your tongue.  Needless to say I wish I had ordered about six more, but I wanted to try more than just sushi.
Delicious tuna.  
My limitless options





















Nasi Goreng
After picking my sushi, I opted to select a pre-made box, with prawns and an egg over top of a heaping pile of fried rice.  It went by the name of Nasi Goreng.  I had to wait until I got home to my flat to enjoy it though.  The rice which looks plain and the dullest part of the meal was filled with hidden treasures of asparagus, peas, and carrots.  As anyone who knows me will vouch, I firmly believe that everything tastes better with an egg yolk.  This rice so benefited from the creamy deliciousness of the yolk and I crawled into my bed and ate this treat as a reward for finishing my first day of class.  I can't even begin to describe some of the wonders that I saw while walking through that food court if you can dream it, I guarantee that Harrods sells it.  There was a counter just for olives that was easily six feet long.  This is another London spot that I absolutely need to return to and hopefully eat my way through.
An olive bar that Dan would love!

I need to get a green one, but here is my first Harrods bag

No comments:

Post a Comment