Sunday 9 June 2013

Bath and Stonehenge

I promise I have not forgotten what I've been eating, but shockingly have become rather busy with schoolwork and eating.  In the time since I last posted, I made a trip out of London to Bath and to visit the Roman Baths.  Having to make it from Ealing to Kensington at an ungodly hour of the morning essentially ensured that I wouldn't be eating breakfast that morning.  So after touring Stonehenge, which has virtually nothing to eat around it, I had to wait another two hours until we got to Bath that afternoon.  Jason and I were both starving and eventually settled on a little French Cafe that was a bit further from the beaten path.  I have to say that not only have I been on a cider kick while here in London, but I've also been on a path to eat anything and everything that is seafood.  So after perusing their menu and being tempted to try foods whose names I was unfamiliar with, I eventually settled on the salmon cakes.  What a delightful decision.  They were beautifully served with tartar sauce, chips, and an acidic salad.  With how hungry I was anything at that point would have tasted delicious I'm sure, but these were some of the best salmon cakes.  The bitterness of the salad beautifully complemented the creaminess of the salmon and sauce.  Sitting in a beautiful cafe with lovely company created the perfect end to a countryside adventure.




Stonehenge!
Another view inside the Baths


My cider and Jason's standard Stella

The delectable salmon

Full view of the Roman Baths

No comments:

Post a Comment